You are eligible to participate in The Christ Hospital’s benefit program if you are a:
- Full-time employee (.75 – 1.0 FTE) budgeted to work 30 hours or more per week
- Part-time employee (.5 - .7499 FTE) budgeted to work between 20 and 29.99 hours per week.
Supplemental Staffing Pool (SSP) employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision and flexible spending account (FSA) benefits.
PRN employees (.01 to .4999 FTE) - are eligible to participate in the 403b Retirement Savings Plan only. If employment status changes to Part-time or Full-time, additional benefit eligibility is determined at the time of the employment status change.
Important Benefit Election Deadlines
The following information about important enrollment dates is in compliance with federal regulations:
As a newly benefit eligible employee, or an employee with a recent qualified event, you have 30 days from your date of hire (or date of the qualified event) to make your benefit elections. Even if you do not need medical, dental, vision, or flexible spending account benefits, you must still make an election to waive the benefits you do not need. Your benefits are effective the 1st of the month after your hire date or qualifying event.
Should you choose not to go through the benefit election process, your Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Accounts, and Voluntary Life Insurance will be waived.
Eligible dependents include:
- Your legal spouse.
- Your domestic partner*, a person who:
- Has been in a domestic partner relationship with you for at least 12 consecutive months, has shared your principal place of residence for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the effective date of coverage and intends to do so indefinitely
- Shares domestic and financial responsibilities for your household
- Is not related to you by birth or marriage
- Is not legally married to, or the domestic partner of, any other person
- Is over the age of 18
- You or your legal spouse’s dependent children up to age 26, including:
- Biological children
- Adopted children
- Children for whom you have legal guardianship
- Your disabled children of any age if they become unable to earn a living before they reach age 26
If an Employee is enrolled in a TCHHN medical plan, they cannot also be a Dependent on another family member's TCHHN medical plan.
Working Spouses and/or Domestic Partners
If your spouse or domestic partner has access to medical insurance through his or her employer, he or she is not eligible for coverage on your medical plan. However, coverage is available to them on other benefit options. You must submit a notarized affidavit signed by you and your domestic partner to enroll your domestic partner in TCHHN benefits.
Medicare Eligible Team Members
If you (and/or your dependents) have Medicare or will become eligible for Medicare in the next 12 months, a federal law gives you more choices about your prescription drug coverage. Refer to the Medicare Section for more information.
Effective January 1, 2023, TCHHN is offering enhanced dependent eligibility for Medicare-eligible team members. Team members who are enrolled in Medicare will be able to enroll otherwise eligible dependents on the TCHHN medical plans. See the Medical & Prescription Drug section for more information.